Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Quick Check-In and Excitment



Sorry about... more silence. I moved out finally and have my own place. So I'm both settling in and looking for employment. It looks like something might come to fruition soon so fingers crossed!!

During Mounikhia I wrote another hymn to Artemis in her Lunar aspect. I truly can't help myself when it comes to Her; my heart just burns with love and devotion and I can feel the Muse in me stirring. I've posted it below.

In a few days time it will also be the Thargelia festival; aka Apollon and Artemis' birthdays!!! I'm so excited I'm going to explode!! I'll be writing an epic of a hymn to Them as well as making two cakes for Them. Fun fact; the year I was born, I was actually born on the second day of the Thargelia meaning if we still used the Hellenic calendar I would be sharing a birthday with Apollon. So this makes this festival extra EXTRA special to me. I'll post more after the festival (and I'll hopefully be settled in finally).

 
For the Moonlight
 
Allow me to sing of Artemis, Bringer of Moonbeams and Protector of Young. For She is without equal in grace and kindness. From Her supple hands silver light falls to illuminate Great Mother Gaia with the aid of Selene. The stars become glittering dust in Her hair, the Moon her lead and fellow charioteer. She draws the tides of the Ocean towards Her when she is brightest and pushes them away when She is most quiet.

From Her lips do nightingales learn their songs, from Her smile do those that wander in the Night find solace and comfort. She is in every corner of the world, casting Light and Shadow to the mortals below. Lovers croon as they look upon the source of the Moonbeams. Mortal women bathe themselves in the silky gift of the Lady as She gives them comfort within their own flesh. Men of science claim that the rays She brings forth are a simple reflection of the Sun and yet they are not. It is Artemis who spins that light, softening with a woman’s touch as only She knows, the tricks of the trade passed onto Her by the Moon Goddess.

And oh! To see Her dance! The delicate swirls of the light, the sensual interaction of the shadows She casts. For She is eternally untouched; no one is worthy of Her divine perfection. She is One in Herself; She hunts and kills, She protects and births. And though it is Her arrows that fell men and beast alike, it is Her Light that soothes them. For to Her does the brokenhearted girl beseech for relief, to Her does the boy, pills held in a shaking hand, look to for inspiration in the land of the Living. To Her does this navyman look to as She playfully pulls the water closer, closer to the Heavens before pushing it down, down once more.

Every Moonbeam is a divine kiss of liquid silver. Every chirp of the cicada and cricket and call of a night bird and sigh of a lover the song only She can conduct. She is tender Peace as Man lays down to sleep or to cry or to work. It is She that fisherman sing songs about and call Lady. It is She who taps on the window of an artist or writer, to hand them a piece of inspiration, tucked into dreams
.
Oh Artemis, Lady Divine, Spinner of Moonlight! I beg of you to give me a kiss with your light so that I too may be protected by your Love and Grace. For you have my undying love, pure and true and hold my spirit in Your hand.

Hymn © Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment